Friday, April 13, 2007

Paper Loft Well Worn Inspiration

Paperloft well worn collection inspiration
by Michelle Sturrock
I love these new Paper Loft Well Worn Papers. It lends its self to the distressed look. As its name suggests it is well worn. It is easy to tear and ideal for rolling of its edges and combined with dry brush paint technique adds to its rustic feel.The monograms and chipboard where easy to use however I did have to cut another I as it didn't want more than one letter with the same pattern paper. It was easy to create a new one, I just used the chipboard as a template. The monograms don't come sticky, but as we all know these days just how many of the sticky ones are sticky by the time we use them.I think this paper also would suit its self to heritage albums but as soon as I saw the papers these pictures just jumped out at me. I must admit I was initially a bit thrown as to what to use the bicycle paper for. However it combines nicely with the other papers. I was a bit greedy using all my papers in one layout but I just couldn't resist.

{Kindy}
Materials - Paper Loft- Well worn - monogram die cut alphabets, Paper Loft- Chipboard monograms, Paper Loft- Well worn - Stacked stripes, Paper Loft- Well worn - Grandmas Garden, Paper Loft- Well worn – Arranged Flowers,
Paper Loft- Well worn – Bicyles, Basic Grey – Rubons – Wholly Cow – Transfers, Bazzill – Weave texture – Elk, Bazzill – Corduroy texture – Dark Chocolate, White paint, Brown Paint.

by Paula Perry
The Paper Loft Well Worn collection reminded my of Basic Gray paper, which I absolutely love! I especially liked the Spell Bound paper, as each line had 2 or 3 words on it, which you can see I individually cut out for my "Ellen" LO. I loved all the blues, greens & earthy colours of this collection.

"Ellen" - Bazzil Erie Weave texture, Salsa Verde weave texture; Paper Loft Well Worn - worn out, spell bound; EK Success TAG types; CherryArte chipboard florals; Signo white pen; Xpress it double sided tape.












"1960's" - Bazzil Erie weave texture, Elk weave texture; Paper Loft Well Worn wild flowers; Heidi Swapp chipboard lettering; 4.5mm round mini brads (clustered in centre of 3 flowers); Signo white pen; Xpress it double sided tape; MM manilla paint around edges.



"Bug Boy" - Bazzil Salsa Verde weave texture, Elk weave texture; Paper Loft Well Worn dragonflies; Heidi Swapp lowercase grass letters; CherryArte chipboard floral (butterfly which I painted with MM celery); dragonfly punch (which I also painted MM celery); round mini brads, Xpressit double sided tape.

"So this is Love" - Bazzil Erie weave texture, white cardstock; Paper Loft Well Worn skinny stripe; CherryArte chipboard floral; Heidi Swapp love clear corner stamp, Heidi Swapp white paint; Signo white pen; Xpressit double sided tape.

I just love that Heidi Swapp corner stamp...had a play yesterday after getting home. Used it with my Well Worn paper too - amazing how a page can just come together with one idea! I think I have to definitely come back for more of those.

I also loved the CherryArte chipboard floral - I found them very versatile. In my "Ellen" LO I inked the flower, in "Bug Boy" I painted the butterfly and "So this is Love" I covered the flower centres in paper & left the rest in their original form.



by Michelle Winston
I really enjoyed working with these papers. They are of a good weight, and have some very nice coordinating colours and patterns. Really good papers for this time of year too, with their autumnal tones. The chipboard monograms are very nice, albeit, a little on the thin side. They still took the paper covering, sanding and inking very well. They arealso a good size - similar to Basic Grey Undressed Chipboard Monograms. I enjoyed the challenge of using foam tape to give my pages more dimension, and particularly like how the flowers on my "C" page turned out.

B & J
Bazzill cardstock; Paperloft Well Worn - Apple Crisp, Circle Circle, Chipboard Monogram; Collections CB Heart
Ink, Foam Tape
















Love My Life (ok, so this is a bit of a fib LOL !) Bazzill cardstock; Paperloft Well Worn - Cool Blue, Parfait, Chipboard Monogram; Collections CB Flowers; Cherry Arte CB Alphas; Brads, White Pen, Foam Tape










C - Bazzill cardstock; Paperloft Well Worn- Crazy for Flowers, Chipboard Monogram; Fancy Pants Vintage Summer Rubons; Brads, Foam Tape

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails