Thursday, February 14, 2008

February Mid Month - Valentines Inspiration

Lets share the love

Yes it’s Valentines Day so have you sent your love to somebody special, or do you need today’s blog that’s full of inspirational LOVE….to help you out….
read about the layouts here....see them in the images on the left or go to the FA NEWS page and download the PDF.
LOVE CANVAS by Sharryn Thomson - With February being the month associated with LOVE I decided to scrap a canvas in honour of our wedding. I received from Sonia a Making Memories Love Letters kit which comes complete with the individual letters L O V E, word stickers, ribbon, ric-rac and buttons all ready to decorate the letters as you desire. I painted my canvas, decorated my letters and for a bit more visual interest placed some Queen & Co. Felt Fusion love hearts across the top and bottom of the canvas before adhering my photos to cardstock, added ribbons from the Making Memories Love kit and now have a lovely wall hanging to give to my husband on Valentines Day. This kit is truly beautiful and extremely versatile and a lovely way to how someone how much you love them.

NEW LOVE LAYOUT by Sharryn Thomson - This photo is of my beautiful daughter and her handsome boyfriend taken a few months after they started going out. For this page, I wanted to use colours that aren't necessarily associated with LOVE so chose brown, blue and orange.I've used: CARDSTOCK: Bazzill, PATTERNED PAPERS: Dreamstreet, LETTERS: L'il Davis chipboard outline EMBELLISHMENTS: Queen & Co. Bon Bon brads, Queen & Co. hook-ups, Queen & Co. Beadiful beads, L'il Davis ribbon, L'il Davis chipboard word, blossoms.

TO HAVE AND TO HOLD LAYOUT by Sharryn Thomson - My daughter’s boyfriend’s sister was married recently and I was really drawn to the soft colours used in the bridal party.They matched the inside of the church perfectly and the overall photos were just stunning. This one needed a bit of a 'lift' though so where the church candles were lit in the background I decided to touch them up a little in Adobe Photoshop giving an instant glow to the whole photo. I used the Lens Flare filter to give the effect of the candles radiating light and if you look carefully the light plays around the hands of the bride and groom as they exchange vows.For this layout I've used: CARDSTOCK: Bazzill, PATTERNED PAPER: Wild Asparagus, Delish Designs, Basic Grey, LETTERING: Heidi Swapp chipboard alphabet, RUB-ONS: Hambly Screen Print, EMBELLISHMENTS: Heidi Swapp large floral, Bella! blossoms, Heidi Swapp silhouette word, Queen & Co. felt hearts, diamante brad, ribbon and bling stickers and a hand stitched heart.

SWIRL HEART CARD by Sharryn Thomson - This photo is of My daughter asked me to make her a card to give to her boyfriend for Valentines Day so I created this one for her.I've used: CARDSTOCK: Bazzill, PATTERNED PAPER: Scenic Route Paper Co. and unknown, STAMPS: Autumn Leaves, EMBELLISHMENTS: Scenic Route Paper Co. Loveland chipboard charm, Queen & Co. felt heart, Heidi Swapp large photo corner, lace and ink.

CREATE ROMANCE by Amie Taylor - This photo was taken at a friends wedding in December 2007, I just love weddings well really who doesn’t… being Valentines Day I thought why not create a LO about the one YOU LOVE, I have used Bazzill CS, Making Memories Noteworthy PP, ribbon, Heidi Swapp Bling & Journal Spots, FTI Rubons (I think), and a flower.

VALENTINE BY MINE CARD by Amie Taylor - I have used Bazzill CS, an FTI Flower, Ribbon, Heidi Swapp Hearts, Journal Spots, Envelope, Making Memories Noteworthy PP and Bella Chipboard Alphas in white.

LOVE NOTES CLIP’S by Louise Nelson - I wanted to do something a little different than a card and a LO for this DT Valentine project, so I came up with the idea of a 'Love Note Clip', much like a money clip. The ideas for this are endless; they can be either ornate, or simple like I’ve done. So instead of leaving a pos-it note or letter in an envelope on his/her pillow or bedside table, why not create a Love note clip, and fold up your special Valentine love note, put it inside the clip and leave for him/her to find! Materials:-Hambly Studios Red Patchwork overlay; Paper clip - Office supply; Flowers - Doodle Bug, American Crafts and Unknown; Chipboard Hearts - Heidi Swapp.

VALENTINE CARDS by Louise Nelson - Cards are a wonderful opportunity to use up your scraps, even if you choose to use a heavily collaged or simple style. For these I raided my cardstock and patterned paper scraps, and ribbon/braid scraps. To bring this all together, I’ve used the time honored method of stamping. Materials:- Kraft Cardstock; Patterned Paper - Senic Route; Chipboard Hearts - Heidi Swapp; Braid – Unknown; Ink - Staz-on; Journal pen – Francheville; Stamps - Vake Designs, Image Tree and unknown; Journal sticker - Heidi Grace.

Well I do hope you have a truly Magical Valentines Day!!! Lou XX

QUICK & EASY VALENTINE’S DAY CARDS by Michelle Winston - I made these 5 simple, yet stylish cards in less than an hour, and what's more, I used up a lot of my stash "leftovers" to do it ! So if you've got oodles of rubons, ribbon scraps and stickers...this is the project for you !
Using the Making Memories Classic Card Pad, made making these cards so quick and easy ! The pad comes with 18 pre-cut and pre-scored cards in 3 different colours, which are also either, plain or patterned ! Just perfect for Valentine's Day !!! Hope it's a good one girls !!! Crazy for You- Making Memories Classic Card Pad - Romance - Manila Plain; Frangipani Stickers - Yellow, Kaisercraft Rubons
Mad About You- Making Memories Classic Card Pad - Romance - Rose Petal Plain; Frangipani Stickers - Pink, Kaisercraft Rubons

Sweetheart - Making Memories Classic Card Pad - Romance – Manila; Swirl Ribbon, Kaisercraft Rubon & MAMBI Rubons.
Be My Valentine - Making Memories Classic Card Pad - Romance - Cranberry Stripe; Think Pink Tags, Letraset Occasions Rubons.
Unforgettable Love - Making Memories Classic Card Pad - Romance - Rose Petal Dot; Li'l Davis Ribbon, MAMBI Heart Embellishment, Kaisercraft and 3Bugs Inspiration Rubons

MINI ALBUM & CARD BY Paula Perry - For Valentine's Day, I have completed a mini album for my husband on '10 Things I Love about You'. On the cover I have used Autumn Leaves Crimson Swirl paper...it is their Christmas paper but I think it works perfectly here; Heidi Swapp alphas; Scenic Route sticker alphas; American Crafts rubons. I have given you a taste of some of the things included in the album...but, sorry ladies...some things must remain between husband & wife!!! Fancy Pants clear stamps; Autumn Leaves clear stamps; American Craft rubons; Heidi Swapp ribbon; Jenni Bowlin journaling card.

As I had my husband in mind when doing the Valentine Day cards, I've gone without all the extra frills & kept them fairly clean & simple. To create some interest I have added the cut-outs...the heart in one & the central rectangle in the other. I love the clean white as the background with the pop of red...you have got to have the passion of red to celebrate Valentine's Day! I have used Heidi Swapp, Autumn Leaves & Fancy Pants clear stamps with Versa Craft poppy red ink.

"My one True Valentine" by Kylene Hickey - Cosmo Cricket "Hey Sugar" pp and Kelly Pannaci pp
Tim Holtz Grungeboard; Thickers alphabets; Fancy Pants Designs rub-on's; Flowers - Prima, Bazzill and Kaiser craft; Ink. Just for a bit of variety, on my title I have used a heart and swirl design rub-on in place of the "V". I can't get enough Grungeboard at the moment. The swirl design on this heart and flourish make it so easy to achieve the fantastic effect just by swiping an ink pad over the top.
"I Love You" Card by Kylene Hickey - Bazzill cardstock and Red glitter Felt / Making Memories Rub-on's. For this card I have simply cut a heart from the red glitter felt and mounted on the black then white cardstocks on the inside of card. I have cut a square from the front of card so the heart shows through.

Hope we have inspired you with love

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails